Understanding Credit Reports & Credit Scoring PART 2
Two hour tele-web seminar May 24, 2012
This two part webinar covers all things credit! Topics for discussion include reading credit reports, credit scoring, preventing fraud on the front end and complying with FCRA/FACTA.
This tele-web seminar will begin on Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM Pacific Time.
Part 2 reviews reports from the BIG 3 National Credit Report Agencies (NCRA), the different file formats and add-on products available. Reading credit reports used to be simple. Today the average credit report is 5 to 10 pages, and it takes a college degree to diagnose the information. We will also review a generic report commonly used in mortgage lending, and Commercial Reports from D&B, Experian, and Equifax. And of course all things FCRA and FACTA. This session is good for new lenders.
- Review different “Credit Files” from Experian, Equifax, and Trans Union.
- Review of a Dual-Merge and Tri-Merge credit reports
- Permissible Purpose, & pulling credit reports
- The Big 3 pros and cons – Experian, Equifax, and Trans Union
- File-Comparisons to help determine the best report for your area!
- Using the right credit report will help you make better loans
- Which credit files make debt to income comparisons easier?
- Using enhanced credit reports for collection and skip tracing purposes
- Using credit reports to open deposit accounts instead of ChexSystems
- Using consumer credit reports for employment purposes.
Lenders, branch managers, CSRs HR, compliance officers, risk officers, collectors and trainers.
In 1997, Greg Souther founded Greg Souther Consulting & Seminars – a firm that provides training and consulting to Financial Institutions in the area of Customer Service & Communication; Credit, Collection, & Compliance; Fraud Prevention & Information Security; Human Resources & Leadership Development; and Marketing & Sales.Previously, Greg was Co-Owner and President of The Credit Bureaus of Southeast Georgia. Upon selling that business, Greg worked in various management/leadership and consulting roles with Credifax, the Credit Bureau of Valdosta, and the Credit Bureau of Athens. He is a past dean and instructor for Southern Management Institute held at the University of Georgia. Greg is the author of Successful Collections-The Book, and has written numerous articles for various associations, and trade publications.
2.0 total credits
Member price: $250.00 | Non member price $500.00