FDIC Compliance Examination Process & Consumer Protection Hot Topics/Best Practices
January 24, 2012 in Concord & January 26, 2012 in Newport Beach
Don’t miss this opportunity to dialogue directly with FDIC regional directors, field supervisors, examiners and specialists on their expectations regarding compliance procedures and exams!
Join us for a day with the FDIC to hear about the examination process, and have the unique opportunity to take on the role of an examiner through a mock compliance examination where you’ll be responsible for actually assigning the Consumer Compliance Rating and making recommendations.
We will also discuss hot topics and best practices in the consumer protection arena. Examination staff will share information on a variety of hot topics, including fair lending, third-party oversight, overdraft payment programs, and Unfair or Deceptive Acts and Practices (UDAP).
The session will run from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., with breakfast and registration beginning at 8:00 a.m. and lunch at 11:30 a.m.
9:00 – 9:30
9:30 – 11:30
Hot Topics/Best Practices
- Overdraft Payment Programs
- Pricing Discrimination
- Unfair or Deceptive Acts and Practices (UDAP)
- Third Party Guidance
- Flood Insurance.
11:30 – 12:30
12:30 – 1:00
Case Study Introduction/Review
- The FDIC managers will review the case study process, and everyone will receive their packet of information on the case study, including bank information and a partially completed Report of Examination to review and ask questions
1:00 – 2:00
Case Study Group Work
- Table groups discuss the information from the two documents and complete the missing sections of the Report of Examination
Case Study Group Reports
- Each team will report out their Findings & Recommendations, and get feedback from the examiners.
2:30 – 3:00
Presidents; Chief Executive Officers; Chief Compliance Officers; Chief Risk Officers; Chief Operating Officers; General Counsels; compliance, loan and operations officers; internal auditors, and bank attorneys
FDIC regional directors, field supervisors, examiners and specialists will lead short presentations, panels with Q&A sessions and a case study exercise, to include:
- Frank A. Hartigan, Deputy Regional Director (Compliance) – San Francisco Regional Office
- Susan L. Pinette, Assistant Regional Director - Northern California and Pacific Northwest Territories
- Robert J. Wirtz, Assistant Regional Director - Southern California and Rocky Mountain Territories
- Elizabeth Gonzales, Field Supervisor – Southern California (Newport Beach)
- Michael Selander, Supervisory Examiner – Southern California (Newport Beach)
- Jeffery Jacobs, Field Supervisor – Northern California (Concord)
- Justin Huynh, Supervisory Examiner – Northern California (Concord)
- Fair Lending and UDAP Specialists and Examiners from northern & southern California
Click the following link for bios of the presenters and expected attendees from the FDIC: BIOS
If paying by check you must use the fax option (see the attachement above), as online registration is only for credit cards.
Early Bird Registration (thru January 3, 2012)
CBA Member: $345
CBA Member: $445
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
1970 Diamond Blvd
Concord, CA 94520
CBA has arranged a courtesy rate with the hotel for $129/night. Please contact Monica Barton to reserve at (925) 349-2619 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
1107 Jamboree Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
To reserve a room, please contact Sandy Hensley for the discount catering rate at email@example.com or (949) 729.6073, or go to http://newportbeach.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/ to arrange the Advanced Purchase Rate online.