This course covers fundamental skills and techniques for using the telephone effectively on the job. It spotlights the importance of the telephone as a business tool and provides practical tips and techniques for its effective use.
Branch and administrative office staff who answer calls or make calls to customers and other bank staff. This is appropriate for call center staff as an introduction to telephone skills. Consultative selling skills for call center employees is specifically addressed in Tele-consulting.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Prepare for typical calls you make and receive.
- Set up your work area to support effective telephone communication.
- Use effective call greetings as a caller and receiver.
- Speak with an effective telephone voice.
- Use appropriate language during telephone conversations.
- Use questioning and listening skills that support effective telephone communication.
- Use an effective approach to handle special telephone tasks like call transfers, taking messages, call backs, holds, interruptions, and unintentional disconnects.
Note: Telephone Etiquette is printed on demand as ordered. The Participant’s Handbook(s) and Trainers Guide may not be returned to ABA.
Participant’s Handbook © 2007/rev. 2011
$57.75 List Price / $36.75 Members
$135 List Price / $95 Members
To order, please complete and return the ABA Book Order Form to CBA.