Ethical Issues for Bankers
This course covers business ethics from a banker’s perspective with “real life” examples and practical hands-on application. Participants explore the importance of ethical behavior in banking from a personal and organizational perspective with complex case studies that focus on ethical considerations in many areas including confidentiality, conflict of interest, information security, personal transactions and accepting or giving gifts. In addition to learning about federal regulations and guidelines for ethical practices, the seminar introduces an approach to identifying and responding to situations that present ethical dilemmas in banking.
Bank personnel at any level.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of ethical practices in banking
- Define the nature and elements of ethical dilemmas
- Describe business practices commonly covered in financial institutions’ codes of conduct
- Identify the regulations prohibiting unethical practices in banking
- Use an effective approach to determining appropriate action in situations holding potential for ethics violations.
- Current references to corporate ethical scandals
- Updated ethical research survey
- Additional examples to explain topics like the values and principles table and the conflict of interest scenario
- Enhanced section on Resources for Ethical Action
- Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
Note: Ethical Issues for Bankers is printed on demand as ordered. The Participant’s Handbook(s) and Trainers Guide may not be returned to ABA. The Trainers Guide is provided as a PDF on a CD.
Participant’s Handbook © 2013
$57.75 List Price / $36.75 Members
$135 List Price / $95 Members
To order, please complete and return the ABA Book Order Form to CBA.