Enterprise Risk Management 2013 – Northern California
Palace Hotel, San Francisco
The latest best practices for enterprise risk management and pre-examination preparation. All the resources your bank needs to build or refine ERM!
ERM is central to addressing safety and soundness and key Dodd-Frank requirements. Experience shows that banks can create a competitive advantage and maximize value by properly implementing and maintaining ERM. This principle applies to banks of all sizes and ERM must be tailored to fit each institution’s unique risk profile, size and complexity.
What do the regulators expect banks to consider when creating Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)? How can ERM create comparative advantages for your bank? This session, presented in collaboration with the International Bankers Association of California and the National Association of Chinese American Bankers, is designed to provide a one-stop workshop which will cover key aspects of identifying, managing and monitoring risks such as credit, compliance, liquidity, market, operational, ALLL strategic and legal risks. Expert presenters include former regulators, bankers, bank board members, bank attorneys, compensation analysts and technology providers.
The seminar will be held October 3, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with breakfast and registration beginning at 7:30 a.m. and lunch at noon.
Welcome & Introductions
Framework for the Evaluation of Risk Management
• Hot ERM Topics for 2013
• Compliance/BSA Issues
• Enterprise Risk Management Overview
• Building ERM
Banker Perspective Panel
Enterprise Risk Management and Other Regulatory Topics
ERM & Technology
Legal Risk Management
Compensation & ERM
- Chief executive officers
- Chief credit officers
- Chief operating officers
- Chief compliance officers
- Chief risk officers and managers
- Chief financial officers
- Senior managers
- Bank directors
- Emerging leaders
- Jan Lynn Owen, Commissioner, Department of Business Oversight (DBO)
- Walter J. Mix III, Director, Financial Services Practice Group Leader, Berkeley Research Group, LLC
- David Abshier, Director, Berkeley Research Group, LLC
- Nicholas Unkovic, Partner, Squire Sanders (U.S.), LLP
- John D. Wright, Chief Regulatory Counsel, Wells Fargo Law Department
- Christopher Chenowith, Chief Administrative Officer, Fremont Bank
- Noor Ahmed Menai, CEO & President, Chinatrust Bank (USA)
- Richard Finkelman, Director, Berkeley Research Group, LLC
- Todd Leone, Partner, McLagan (an Aon Hewitt Company)
Early-Bird Registration through extended thru Monday September 9, 2013
CBA Member: $345
CBA Member: $445
Substitutions are allowed, at no additional cost. Written notice is required for all substitutions/cancellations. The full registration fee will be refunded if written notice is received by September 9, 2013 and fifty percent if by September 16. No refunds will be provided after September 16. Registrations made on or after September 16 are not subject to refund.
If for any reason you are not fully satisfied, please contact John Lingvall, VP & Director of Education at (916) 438-4428.
Thursday, October 3, 2013
A room block has been arranged at the rate of $249/night. Please call (888) 627-7196 and reference the California Bankers Association by Monday September 2, 2013.